Want to know how to update the NVIDIA Graphics driver in Windows 10 and play your favourite games?
If yes you are at the right place.
An outdated graphics driver causes fps drop or lag issues when playing modern games that require the latest version of drivers and software.
So, To avoid this kind of situation during gameplay an updated graphics driver will help. But now the question arises how to do it?
Here I’ll give you 3 easy methods to update your drivers. This way you can enjoy your favourite games without any software issues.
So without further ado Let’s jump into the process.
Why Update NVIDIA Graphics Driver?
Many people ask why should they update their NVIDIA Graphics driver or any other driver.
The most simple answer is to optimize your system for the best usage and performance.
Similarly, Installing the latest NVIDIA graphic driver will ensure that you get the best performance during gameplay.
It keeps your system healthy, better and up-to-date with the latest software so that your PC lifespan becomes longer.
1) Update Your Graphics Driver through System Update
This is the most simple and easy method to update your Graphic driver or any other driver. Here we are using the Windows System update feature.
1) Click on the “Windows Start button” and navigate to the “Settings or gear icon”.
2) Click on the “Update & Security” option here.
3) Here you’ll see all the pending updates. If you don’t see any of the updates then click on the “Check Updates” button below.
4) If there is a new driver is available you’ll see the update here. In addition, You’ll also check the “Optional updates” section for drivers updates as well.
5) If you see the driver update install it and update it. Now you are on the latest graphic driver.
2) Update Graphic Driver through Manufacturer
Here we will discuss the second method to update your NVIDIA Graphics driver.
1) Visit the manufacturer website. (In our case NVIDIA is our graphic driver manufacturer.) You can download the latest driver from the GeForce website.
2) Go to the GeForce website and click on the “Drivers” menu.
3) After that fill in all the details of your Graphics card. (If you don’t know you can check all the details of your card from the “Directx diagnostic tool.”)
To open the “DirectX Diagnostic tool” follow these steps.
Press the “Windows + R” keys and type “dxdiag”.
Click “yes” and enter into the tool. Here click on the “display tab” (For Integrated GPU) and “Render tab” (For Dedicated GPU).
Look at the “Chip Type” entry for your graphics card model.
For the Windows version click on the “System tab” and check the version whether it is 32-bit or 64-bit.
4) After filling in all the details click on the “Search driver” button below. You’ll see the latest driver with the version and date of publishing here.
5) Download and install it.
3) Update NVIDIA Graphic Driver Using GeForce Experience
The 3rd method is to update NVIDIA Graphic Driver using the NVIDIA GeForce Experience app.
1) Type “GeForce Experience” in the search bar.
2) Click on “GeForce Experience” and open it.
3) Here click on the “Drivers tab” and see the available list of the drivers for you. If you don’t see then click on the “Check for Updates” option.
4) If you see the latest driver available, Download it and install it.
Now you are on the latest NVIDIA Graphics driver. Enjoy it.
Alternative:- You can watch this video tutorial for better understanding as well.