How to Download Zoom On your PC
How to Download Zoom and Use Safely On Your Desktop/Laptop?
This post is about How to download Zoom on your PC and its features. Nowadays more people in most of the sectors are starting to work from home. So for those people, video calls and conferencing are a usual part of their daily routine.
For those people services like ZOOM which offer online meetings and video calls, are becoming more valuable than ever to help keep businesses running smoothly while physical offices are closed.
What is Zoom?
Zoom is a video communication software that helps you to connect around the world remotely. It’s an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat and meetings.
Zoom also available all across platforms like Windows, Mac Os, Linux and even in the mobile platforms Android and ios
Features of Zoom
well designed and optimized to work reliably
Can connect upto 1000 participants
# You can easily download Zoom on your PC and start video-conferencing and video chat around the world.
# Zoom provides video calls, online meetings, video-conferencing services.
# Zoom is free to use but does offer paid subscriptions that offer additional features
Download Zoom on Your Desktop/Laptop
Downloading Zoom on your PC is a simple ready to go process that will get you up and running with the service within a few minutes. You just need to download Zoom and install it on your PC. After that just sign up and you are ready to use it.
Here’s how to download Zoom on your PC.
1. Open your Desktop/Laptop internet browser and search for zoom website or click here.
2. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Download” in the web page’s footer.
3. On Download Page, Click on the Download button under the “Zoom client for meetings” section.
4. Your Zoom app downloading begin.
5. After downloading, Just install it just like any other software through it’s .exe file.
Once installed, Just log in to your zoom account. If you don’t have zoom account just simply create one for you in zoom website. It’s free.
Once created, you can use zoom app for all your video calls, conference and online meetings.
How to Create or Join meeting on zoom?
1. Sign in to your account. If you don’t have one create one first. You can also sign up through Gmail and Facebook.
2. After you enter on to dashboard page you see this type of screen.
3. You can create meeting or join someone else meeting also form dashboard.
What is “Raise Hand” function of Zoom?
It is a function to raise your hand virtually during meeting like you do during in-person meetings. Raised hand function is the best way to express yourself without interrupting the meeting flow.
It simply puts a little hand icon beside your username and lets the meeting’s managers know you have a question, input, or otherwise need some attention when possible.
How to use “Raise Hand” feature in Zoom on PC
During meeting, If you want to say something or have any question you simply raise your hand. In zoom you can also raise you hand during meeting virtually. So you don’t interrupt the flow of meeting and say your thoughts simply.
1. At the bottom of the window on the right side of the screen, click the button labeled “Raise Hand”.
2. Now your “Raised Hand” symbol appear on the screen and show to everyone.
3. You can also lower it by clicking on the same button labeled as “Lower Hand”.
How to record a Zoom meeting
Once the meeting set up and all the participant join the meeting. When you start the meeting you can record this meeting just by clicking on “Record” button at the bottom of the screen or by pressing (ALT + R) shortcut key.
- To pause recording click on “Pause” button at the bottom of the screen or by pressing (ALT+P) shortcut key.
- To stop the recording Simply click on “stop” button at the bottom of the screen or by pressing (ALT+R) shortcut key.
However, By default only the host of the meeting is allowed to record the Zoom meeting.
How a Participant record a meeting
If you’re a host then you can give permission to you participant to record meeting as you do. To this follow this steps.
- During meeting, Click on “Manage Participant” button at the bottom of your screen.
- A list of participants will appear on your screen. Then go over the participants name whom do you want to give permission of recording.
- Hover the name of participant you will see “More” option.
- Click on “More” button a drop down menu will appear.
- Go to option “Allow Record” and select it.
- Now Participant will be able to record meeting.
How to watch your recorded meetings
- Open the Zoom app and select the “meetings” tab.
- After clicking you’ll see two options “Upcoming” and “Recorded”.
- Click on “Recorded” tab and a list of all your recorded meetings will appear.
- Select meeting which you want to see.
- Play it.
6 Tips to safely use Zoom on PC
1. Home network security
- Reset router by resetting default username and password.
- Turn on your WPA2 or WPA3 secure encryption settings.
- Encrypt your video calls.
2. Turn off webcam
When the webcam is not needed, cover it with clothes or paper.
3. Use VPN services
- Use trusted Virtual Private Network(VPN) only.
- It will encrypt your all online activities.
- Other people will not find your ip address and location.
4. Keep Strong Password
- Set up strong password for your router.
- Your 12 characters password must contain Upper case, lower case, number and symbols.
- Keep device locked when not in use
5. Manage Screen Sharing
- Manage your screen sharing options carefully.
- Go to your advance setting and choose host option to close window properly.
- Make it this setting to your default setting.
6. Use Zoom waiting room
- Zoom option allows you to lock the meeting after it starts, so that new people cannot join.
- If you are a host, the waiting room feature for the meeting makes it
How to Delete/Terminate zoom account
Basic(Free) user delete their account anytime. This will permanently delete your Zoom account.
Note: Paid Zoom users (Licensed) will need to first cancel their subscription and after that they delete their account. Learn how to cancel a paid subscription.
- Basic (Free) Zoom account
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click Account Management > Account Profile.
- Click Terminate My Account.
- Click Yes to confirm that you would like to terminate your Zoom account. This will permanently delete your Zoom account.
- You will be redirected to the Zoom homepage and briefly shown a message that your account termination was successful.
This is all about Zoom app and it’s features and functions. This small post may help you a lot during your work from home and also during travel.
If you have any question or query relating to zoom, you can comment down below.