Are you a Programmer or coder looking for the Best Laptop for Programming & Coding? If Yes, then this post is definitely gonna help you.
I Know Programming needs a lot of time and effort from writing to execution. To get things done in an optimized way you need a certain requirement in your system.
However, If these requirements are lower than the needed one you have to see a lag and freezing screen while doing programming.
So, It’s better to have a required and well-optimized system to cut short at least the system lag behavior part.
In this manner, You can work dedicatedly on your programming rather than shut down or restart your Laptop.
Here, We discuss some of the Best Laptops for Programming with a good hardware configuration along with a good keyboard design.
Laptop for Programming Buying Guide
Things you should consider before buying a Laptop for Programming & Coding.
1) Central Processing Unit (CPU)
The Central Processing Unit or CPU is the brain of your computer/Laptop system. So, It is the first and foremost thing to look for.
A good CPU will make your programming and coding journey pleasurable. While the slow or lower-powered CPU does the vice-versa.
To get a flawless and seamless programming experience you must go for at least a 9th Gen Intel Core i5 or 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen 5 processor.
But don’t just see the processor type instead look for the CPU’s clock speed and Cores as well. A higher clock speed and more Core will give you extra power when needed.
Go for at least a Quad-Core processor with a base clock speed around 2.3 GHz.
2) Random Access Memory (RAM)
Random Access Memory or RAM is another crucial aspect for speed and better multitasking. RAM allows you to access any memory cell directly to speed up things.
So, Buying a good capacity and higher frequency RAM fasten the access to cell memory. And give you better speed and overall performance.
Nowadays most laptop comes with DDR4 type RAM which is faster and energy-efficient than the earlier DDR3 type RAM.
However, Always go for a higher frequency RAM to get things done in a speedy manner.
Here, I’d suggest Opt a Laptop have at least 8 GB DDR4 RAM and have a frequency of at least 2666 MHz.
For better results, Get a dual-channel 16 GB RAM onboard Laptop.
Also Read: Best DDR4 RAM for Laptops in India
For Programming and Coding, you don’t need a higher resolution or a retina display. However, A good FHD display with an anti-glare coating is enough for you.
Anti-glare technology allows you to work in a brighter environment. While FHD resolution provides good quality visuals.
4) Graphic Processing Unit (GPU)
You don’t need a dedicated GPU for programming and coding. However, If you are a game developer or app developer then you need one.
For Game developers, At least a dedicated GPU like NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650/1650Ti is needed to do programming efficiently.
For hardcore Programmers and developers, Buying A high-end GPU like NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060/AMD Ryzen 5600M or higher is recommended.
Most people run for a bigger number when talking about the storage specification. Although it is good to have bigger storage space but not recommended here.
Instead of bigger storage space, faster storage like SSD is the best option for programming and coding people.
SSD gives you a faster data transfer rate and a reliable source of storage.
My personal recommendation to you is to opt for an SSD Laptop instead of a bigger HDD storage Laptop.
Just like CPU and RAM, Keyboard is also an important factor while programming & coding. A good and spacious keyboard helps you to write code faster.
It also ensures a better position for typing to give you better productivity during work. While spacious keys allow you to write the correct spelling and save your time from error debugging.
If you find a laptop with an ergonomic design then go for it. It not just give you a comfortable typing experience but also help you to keep your system cool.
The less key travel and spacious keyboard with ergonomic design is the best option for you. while backlit addition allows you to work in a dark environment as well.
7) Cooling Management
Everybody thinking good cooling management is only needed when playing games. However, For hardcore programming is also generates a lot of heat.
So, It’s better to have good cooling management to reduce the heat inside and makes your system calm and cool.
In this manner, You’ll do faster multitasking operations and temperate hardware increases your laptop’s lifespan too.
Also Read: Tips to increase your Laptop’s lifespan
People often miss out on this spec and later realize that mistake. So, To avoid this mistake carefully see the product weight for better productivity.
A less-weight laptop allows you to carry it anywhere and work on the go as well.
I’d suggest going for a Laptop that weight lies between 1-1.8 Kg is best suited for you.
However, If you do not travel often and work from the same place then go for a higher-weight laptop as well.
9) Battery Life
Battery life in Laptop is very important for people who travel a lot. In general, A good battery allows you to work anywhere besides your workspace in this pandemic time as well.
The Laptop usually offers 4-6 hours of battery backup in this price range. You’ll find higher battery backup laptops as well here.
However, laptop battery backup time partially depends on your usage as well. A rough usage or not placing it on the proper surface harm your laptop battery time in a long span.
I’d suggest grabbing a laptop that offers battery backup for around 4-5 hours.
Laptop For Programming at a glance
Laptop For Programming Details & Reviews
Dell Inspiron 7400
- 11th Generation Intel Core i5-1135G7 Processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.2 GHz)
- 14.5-inch 16:10 QHD+ (2560 x 1600) IPS Anti Glare , 300nits, 100% sRGB
- 16GB RAM 4267MHz | 512GB SSD M.2 PCIe NVMe Solid State Drive
- NVIDIA GeForce MX350 with 2GB GDDR5 graphics memory | 1.35 Kg
- Battery Life: Up to 7 hours
- Slim & Lightweight
- Stunning visual quality
- Impressive speed & performance
- Ergonomic design keyboard
- Good battery life with an express charge support
- No major concern
Dell Inspiron 7400 Laptop for Programming Review
Dell Inspiron is a complete package from design to hardware. You’ll get all the needed specs for your Programming and coding work.
The new Inspiron comes with the latest 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor with the fastest 16 GB (4267 MHz) RAM Memory in this price segment.
This combination delivers the perfect combination of performance, responsiveness, battery life, and stunning visuals.
It features a 14.5″ QHD+ screen with a 16:10 ratio to give you maximum details. while NVIDIA GeForce MX350 Graphics provide crisp and beautiful visual output.
Its comfort view display optimizes so well to provide comfort to your eye during long working or entertainment sessions.
Its lift hinge design bottom panel gives you a better position for typing. While better heat flow management increases battery life too.
So, You can work on your programming project without compromise on comfort. while faster 512 GB SSD storage allows you to faster code execution and storage space.
Apple MacBook Pro
- Apple M1 chip with 8-core CPU and 8-core GPU
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen display
- 8 GB DDR4 RAM | 256 GB SSD Storage
- 1.25 Kg
- Battery Life: Up to 18 hours
- Superb design and build quality
- Fast Performance with the new M1 chip
- Retina display with Truetone technology
- Great battery life
- Good sound with stereo speakers
- Less storage space
- Limited configuration availability
Apple MacBook Pro Laptop For Programming Review
MacBook Pro (2020) is a stylish, lightweight yet powerful machine. It will give you the full power to do any task flawlessly.
The New MacBook Pro has powered by the new Apple M1 chip with 8 cores to get 3.5x faster performance to tackle projects smoothly.
It features a superb 13.3-inch LED Backlit Retina display with IPS technology. You’ll see not-so-common 2560 x 1600 native resolution with a 16:10 aspect ratio.
The display quality is amazing and one of the USPs of the Apple laptops. In addition, 8 GPU Cores deliver 5x faster graphics performance during apps and games.
The USB Type-C with Thunderbolt support extends the possibility of external display connectivity to increase your productivity.
The Laptop offers a battery time of up to 18 hours with the support of a USB Type-C fast charge.
It comes with a spacious Backlight keyboard and Force Touch Trackpad that offers precise touch control.
Acer Aspire 7
- AMD Ryzen 5-5500U Processor, 2.4 GHz base speed, 4.0 GHz max speed, 6 Cores, 8 Mb Smart Cache
- 15.6-inch screen with (1920X1080) full HD IPS display | 60Hz refresh rate
- 8GB RAM | 512 GB SSD Storage
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (4GB VRAM) | 2.15 Kg
- Battery Life: Up to 8 hours
- Sleek and sturdy
- Power-packed performance
- Superb display with a 180-degree hinge
- Beast battery life for a Gaming Laptop
- Good RAM management & Cooling Efficiency
- Low sound from the speaker
Acer Aspire 7 Laptop for Programming Review
This New Acer Aspire 7 Gives you an experience of Professional styling with sleek and cryptic design.
The laptop is equipped with the latest AMD Ryzen 5-5500U processor, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, and 512 GB SSD storage to deliver a power-packed performance.
The laptop features a 15.6-inch FHD LED Backlit display with Acer’s comfy view. The screen has a nano edge design to give more space to enjoy a dynamic field of view.
The Laptop is equipped with the latest NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650. This dedicated GPU is beneficial for all the game developers out there.
However, The speaker sound does not very loud so you have to invest some money in good headphones for the best gaming experience.
The 3-cell 48 WHr battery gives you a battery time of up to 8 hours so that you can do work all day long.
The Backlit Keyboard provides super comfort and response for typing. while a 180-degree hinge allows you to sit in the best posture for work.
LG Gram (2021)
- 11th gen, Intel Core i5-1135G7, base processor speed 2.4 GHz, max speed 4.2 GHz
- 14″ (30.2 cm) WUXGA (1920 x 1200) 16:10 Aspect Ratio IPS Display with DCI-P3 99%
- 8 GB LPDDR4X (Dual Channel-4266 MHz) | 512 GB SSD (Type:M.2 2280) NVMe Storage with additional expansion slot
- Intel Iris Xe Graphics | 999 Grams
- Battery Life: Up to 15 hours
- Lightweight & Slim design
- Military standard durability
- Excellent overall performance
- Great battery life
- Accurate and comfortable keyboard
- Heats up quickly
- Poor webcam quality
LG Gram (2021) Laptop for Programming Review
This is one of the very few laptops that compete or is better than the MacBook i3 series which is more expensive.
LG Gram does not just give you a thin and lightweight design but powerful hardware as well. The 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor gives you ultimate power inside this compact size.
In addition, 8 GB DDR4 RAM and Intel Iris Xe Graphics provide you up to 2 times better performance than the older generation. While ultra-fast SSD run programs flawlessly.
The 14″ screen WUXGA (1920 x 1200) IPS display delivers precise and clear imagery without any distortion at any angle.
Its magnesium alloy body gives you the military standard of durability and reliability outside. While Fingerprint scanner secures your data inside the laptop.
Thunderbolt port allows up to 5K display and data transfer speed up to 40Gb/s. While 72Wh battery ensures to work freely all day long.
The backlit keyboard of LG Gram 14 allows you to keep going your work in a dark environment as well. It is the closest keyboard comes to apple products in terms of quality.
ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14
- AMD Ryzen 5 4600HS Processor, 3.0 GHz (8MB Cache, up to 4.0 GHz, 6 Cores, 12 Threads)
- 14-inch (16:9) Full HD (1920 x 1080), 300 nits Brightness, Anti-Glare IPS-level panel, 120Hz Refresh Rate
- 8GB DDR4 3200MHz onboard RAM, Upgradeable up to 24GB | Storage: 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0 SSD
- Dedicated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Ti GDDR6 4GB VRAM | 1.7 Kg
- Battery Life: Up to 9 hours
- Stunning design and build quality
- Beautiful and color-accurate display
- Excellent keyboard and Trackpad
- Inbuilt Dolby atmos for amazing audio quality
- Great battery life
- No inbuilt webcam
ROG Zephyrus G14 Laptop for Programming Review
This new Zephyrus Laptop from ASUS has a stunning design and powerful performance.
The laptop is powered by an AMD Ryzen 4600HS processor with 6 Cores and 12 threads.
It can boost up to 4.0 GHz. In addition to this, 8 GB (3200 MHz) of DDR4 RAM is coupled with it to speed up your whole process.
It comes with a 14-inch FHD with 300 nits brightness that is color accurate and delivers superior picture quality.
The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650Ti with a 120 Hz refresh rate helps you with Game development applications and gameplay as well.
The ergonomic lift and ROG Intelligent cooling technology provide a cool and calm system for smooth operations.
The keyboard and touchpad have delivered a superb performance both during typing and gaming.
The 4 speakers with woofers are just amazing and provide awesome sound quality.
- 5th Gen AMD Ryzen 5 5600H (3.3GHz base clock speed, up to 4.2 GHz Max Boost Clock, 16MB L3 cache, 6 core, 12 threads)
- 40.9 cm (16.1″) diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS, micro-edge, 250 nits
- 8 GB DDR4-3200 MHz RAM, Up to 32 GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM (2 x 16 GB) | 512 GB PCIe NVMe TLC M.2 SSD Storage
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 (4 GB GDDR6 dedicated) | 2.48 Kg
- Battery Life: Up to 4.5 hours
- Excellent overall performance
- Large 16.1” screen
- Decent battery life
- Good cooling management
- Comfortable keyboard and huge trackpad
- The screen is not bright enough though
HP Victus Laptop for Programming Review
This Victus Gaming laptop by HP is specially designed for gamers. However, People looking for Programming and Game development can also opt for it.
Its distinctive design stands out from the crowd. The 84% screen-to-body ratio consists of a large 16.1” FHD display with a 144 Hz refresh rate to deliver an immersive visual experience.
While 5-way airflow and enhanced thermal solution prevent it from overheating. And OMEN gaming hub takes your gaming activities to the next level.
The B&O speaker inclusion enhances your gaming & binge-watch experience. While 512 GB SSD storage allows you to store important files and games in one place.
It comes with a fully functional backlit keyboard with Numpad to provide the best and comfortable typing experience.
Wi-Fi 6 (2×2) and the latest BlueTooth 5.2 combination give you fast and reliable connectivity. So, You can enjoy uninterrupted streaming and online work.
ASUS Zenbook 14
- 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7, 2.4 GHz Base Speed, Up to 4.2 GHz Turbo Boost Speed, 4 Cores, 8 Threads, 8MB Cache
- 14″ Full HD (1920×1080), Anti-Glare, IPS Technology, 300 nits
- 8GB LPDDR4X onboard 4267MHz RAM with | Storage: 512GB SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe 3.0
- Integrated Intel Iris Xe Graphics | 1.17 Kg
- Battery Life: Up to 12 hours
- Thin and lightweight design
- Excellent CPU & GPU Performance
- Immersive visual experience
- Superb battery life
- Comfortable & responsive keyboard
- Average Sound quality
- Dim Backlit on the keyboard
ASUS ZenBook 14 Laptop for Programming Review
ASUS Zenbook 14 is a lightweight and portable machine. Its thin and premium design look catches everyone’s attention.
Inside You’ll get a powerful 11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 processor with 8 GB DDR4 RAM to run multiple apps smoothly.
On the other hand, 512 GB SSD provides faster data transfer and makes space for your files and documents.
It features a 14″ FHD display with Integrated Intel Xe Graphics gives you sharp and color-accurate visual quality.
The ergonomically designed hinge and spacious keyboard layout offer a comfortable typing experience. While responsive touchpad eases the navigation over the apps.
This ergo lifts design also provides better airflow and heat transfer to optimize your system cooling efficiency even better.
The Laptop comes with a 67 Whr battery to keep you powered for up to 12 hours. While its 65 watt AC adapter charges it quickly without any heating issue.
Lenovo IdeaPad s540
- 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 | Speed: 2.8 GHz (Base) – 4.7 GHz (Max) | 4 Cores | 12MB Cache
- 13.3″ QHD (2560×1600) | Brightness: 300 nits glossy | Anti-Glare | IPS Technology | 100% sRGB
- 16GB RAM DDR4-3200 | 512GB SSD Storage
- Intel Iris Xe Integrated Graphics | 1.28 Kg
- Battery Life: Up to 8 hours
- Lightweight & Portable design
- Excellent performance
- Impressive display quality
- Comfortable keyboard
- Great battery life
- Not for Game developer
Lenovo IdeaPad s540 Laptop for Programming Review
Although Lenovo IdeaPad s540 is not a familiar name now just like a few years back. However, the upgrade makes it even better than the earlier one.
Now It comes with a 13.3″ QHD (2560 x 1600) IPS display with 300 nits brightness to deliver an amazing picture quality and color accuracy.
While the latest 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 processor combines with 16 GB DDR4 RAM gives your power-packed performance during programming & coding.
In addition, You’ll also get a fast 512 GB SSD to deliver quick data transfer and storage options. While backlit keyboard allows you to work in dark as well.
Its 56 WHr battery gives your battery time up to 8 hours. while rapid charge technology enables quick charge so that you don’t have to wait longer for your laptop to be back on your hand.
The use of aluminum material gives it durability. While lightweight ensures better portability too.
Mi Notebook Pro
- 11th Gen Intel Tiger Lake Core i7-11370H processor| Speed: 3.3 GHz(base) – 4.8 GHz(max) | 4 cores | 8 Threads | 12 MB Cache
- 14 inch IPS QHD+ resolution (2560×1600) |16:10 aspect ratio, 100% sRGB,215 PPI, 1000:1 contrast ratio | Anti Glare | TUV low Blue light
- 16GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 512GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD Storage
- Intel Iris Xe graphics | 1.4 Kg
- Battery Life: Up to 10 hours
- Slim & lightweight design
- Excellent Performance
- Impressive display quality
- Good battery life
- Value for money
- The space between keys could be slightly better
Mi Notebook Pro Laptop for Programming Review
This time Mi comes up with an even better product than the previous Mi Notebooks. This new Mi Notebook Pro design clearly inspires by Apple MacBook.
Although, It is inspired by apple Mi does a very good job in the design section. It has a nice, clean design and looks premium.
Besides design, It also contains powerful hardware inside to deliver power-packed performance during any task you perform.
It features a 14″ IPS QHD+ resolution display to give extra clarity and details. while the 16:10 ratio gives you more screen area for better productivity and entertainment.
The backlit keyboard on it is very handy and comfortable for typing in a dark environment as well. However, The space between keys looks a little bit less to me.
Its 56 Whr battery is sufficient to power up your laptop for up to 10 hours. So, You can work without running a chase for a charger often.
Buying a Laptop for Programming and coding is very challenging sometimes due to the evolution of new programming applications or languages.
If you have a low-end specs PC then your work affects more often due to slow processing. On the other hand, The right hardware speeds up your whole process.
So, To figure out which Laptop is right for you I made this comprehensive post. I hope you like the article and the Laptops listed above.
My Personal Top 3 recommendations for Programming are Apple MacBook Pro, Dell Inspiron 7400, LG Gram (2021).
For the Game developers, Acer aspire 7, ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14, and HP Victus recommended.
However, If you feel still confused you can refer buying guide above as well. This way you can head in the right direction to get your compatible Laptops in no time.
If you have still any doubt/query you can ask in the comment section below. And any suggestion regarding the post or list is also appreciated.